Stainless Water Table Packing Tape Removal

Having ordered the water table option with my new CNC table I was very pleased with its quality as an accessory. The only drawback is that very thin packing tape was used which will not come off easily, tears and shreds with every effort to remove it. Leaves both pieces of tape and adhesive residue everywhere it contacted the stainless steel. Any suggestions on how to remove this residual material without defacing the base metal. It is a beautiful addition to the product but quite unsightly due to the form of packing tape used.

Thanks in advance for helpful suggestions/experiences. Barry

2 Likes

I first used a hard plastic piece to remove the tape, and then used laquer thinner to remove the residue.
Worked well.

Thanks for the feedback, that’s actually the first I’ve heard of the tape residue issue. I’ll let the shipping lead know that they need to switch to a tape that doesn’t leave residue for future orders.

As stated above i think some paint thinner (acetone) would work well.

2 Likes

It is a pain to remove, it tears very easily and leaves residue everywhere.

1 Like

When I opened the box and saw packing peanuts I instantly thought “Why is Langmuir so mad at me”. LOL.

1 Like

Just so Langmuir knows, getting the tape off is a pain. Just like the other guy said-hard to remove the tape, it tears and lots of residue.

I met with the shipping lead today and they are switching to tape that does not leave residue. I wish we had known about this sooner! I believe that the warmer temperatures that most of the country is experiencing is exacerbating the issue which is probably at least partly responsible for why we haven’t heard about it until this thread.

1 Like