Settings for 3/16

So I have been cutting alot ot 3/16 and I just cant seem to find the sweet spot getting a lot of slag left over… has anyone got ideas on a good setting for psi voltage and feed rate in fusion360?

First what plasma unit you using amperage setting and what speed you running it at?

I believe it’s the viper cut 30 on 220v turned all the way to and I believe 100on the feed rate

I have tried dropping down to like 40 on the feed rate and it’s still getting slag do I need to go even slower? What actually causes the slag… dont get me wrong it comes off very easy with pliers just want to make sure I’m using it right

The Dross or “Slag” is common, in some cases you may not be able to reduce it completely. It is part of cutting metal with plasma.

Chech this link out may help it’s for the 45 but adjust for the 30. Your feed rate might be too fast, many peeps here try a straight line cuts at different feed rates until it’s the best cut. Your air setting should be 75 psi

Tested this link it doesn’t go straight to the chart the link is at the botom of his post

1 Like

Here’s the link to the sheet itself:

1 Like

Nice thanks for the help