Refuse to partake in Facebook

Hey gang… I know, call me silly but since I refuse to pull the trigger on Facebook, I’m wondering how much good discussion/information I’m missing… I thoroughly enjoy the forum here on the Langmuir site and hope that I dont need to create a FB entity to gain that much more… So far, just reading here has served me just fine… But, I do wonder…

What’s the scoop?

2 Likes

I am %100 ANTI FB to lol.

4 Likes

I don’t do FB either :slight_smile:

Most FB groups I’ve seen in the past are full of folks who are either chronic complainers or won’t do anything for themselves and the searching in FB is just awful. Here I can find past posts if I do a bit of searching and checking the results.

Of course, it may be different now, but it wasn’t worth the effort when I was on FB groups before so I’ve not gone back in a couple/three years.

YMMV of course.

I use Facebook for communication with my friends and family. I honestly believe that a forum such as this is the best way to find, retrieve, store, and communicate information. This forum is here for serious users of the tables we all purchased. FB will and can bring in anyone that just wants to argue, debate, and degrade the product. Am I missing something here, is Langmuier thinking about eliminating the forum here? Hope not, they will loose all control on Facebook… Just my 2 cents…

2 Likes

Exactly! I don’t need more drama… Got plenty already…LOL :wink:

2 Likes

It’s amazing how much time people spend on FB, seems some live their lives around it.
Never used it before. It’s gets tough as every business we seem to deal with I’d FB FB FB!. Like they don’t even update or pay attention to their regular websites.
I’ve never been on it till the wife made me open one to sell equestrian related stuff as that’s what everyone else does at our barn.
But it is completely anonymous :wink:.
With a throw away email for communicating. It was easier then I thought to open an account anonymously…
I don’t use it for anything else.

Everyone says hit me up on FB . I say sorry don’t have it don’t want it.

I moved from my home state 13 years ago . Never heard from any of my friends I grew up with again. I called some over the years and they keep saying same thing over and over. Hit me up on FB.
LMAO. so they don’t have to actually talk to someone anymore.
How is it social media when their is no real socializing?
Just say no thanks. Have a nice life.
If they were ever real friends they would pick up the phone or at least answer it.

These type of forums are awesome for tech help and info, and FB is no comparison.

2 Likes

And sometimes you’ll be able to meet up in real life too and kick back a beer with someone you’ve done the forum conversation thing with for awhile. Instant mutual interests to talk about :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I dont know why I didnt see this topic earlier… but I’ve also never has FB. I cant stand all the drama… happy new year to all

3 Likes

Yeah, it tends to be a bit more civilized here although you do get the occasional "I have orders to get out and my whole life is going to crash & burn because I can’t make this sign!’ posting that’s so prevalent in FB. But by and large this is where people hang out trying to help and trying to find real solutions, not just vent.

4 Likes

Facebook is the biggest time suck on planet Earth. Closed my account years ago because of a stalker.

STAY AWAY FROM FACEBOOK !!

1 Like

Same - No FB here. Never had any interest in it.

2 Likes

I know this is an older post buy I give my input. If you are wanting to sell you need to be on Facebook. Otherwise you are missing out on a lot of sales. You dont have to join any groups but as a sales tool it is worth it. My first ad I ran I promoted with a 3 day campaign that cost 12 dollars. I sold 22 so do that math at 45 bucks each.

2 Likes

FB is clearly part of the problem. Why would a reasonable human being want to trade away their personal idenity for potentially a lifetime of regret? Politicians do not enact privacy laws because tech lobby in DC owns them so therefore like many of you have stated… FB is dead to me too!

1 Like