Razorcut45 Torch continues to fire after M5 code when transiting to next cut

Have been cutting out artsy silhouettes for people as a cheap and easy way to learn the CAD-CAM (Fusion360)-Mach3 (full version).

After cutting the initial shape, CAM shows a yellow line and there is an M5 in the Gcode, but the torch continues to fire, effectively etching a line in the 16 gauge sheet to the beginning of the next cut.

After the first occurrence I changed the torch entry points as to not ever have the torch cross a previously or future cut. The same issue occurs, but only after the first cut. Subsequent post cut movements work as advertised (torch off, move to next entry, pierce, lead-in, cut, etc…)

Any ideas why this would be happening?

Im having the same issue but at different places through out the cut from run to run. I thought it may be the laptop I was using but I hooked up my msi laptop and same problem any ideas would be greatly welcomed.

This may sound dumb but it happened to me, is your torch in the correct firing mode? It should be in 2T mode… I’ve made several cuts after accidentally putting it on 4T and the torch didn’t stop firing until the end.

2 Likes

Has anyone found a remedy to this issue? I have a brand new RC45 that blasted across two “G code correct” tool paths without shutting down the torch. stainless is getting expensive as a consumable up here in MN… feedback welcome.
JC

Are you sure that you’re not in 2T mode? It has gotten almost everyone I know that owns a RW.

1 Like

Where does one change the mode?

Try this. It’ s a sign of the times when products shipped to an english speaking market don’t bother with english labels.

1 Like

That was the issue. Thanks!