Purchased dxf files

Has anyone bought dxf files off the interned. Like ebay. amazom? And tried them? Just currious if they work as claimed. Thanks Jim

I have before. I’ve found that if they weren’t designed for a laser (or plasma) cutter you have to do a fair amount of cleanup - closing paths, joining nodes, etc to get a clean workable design.

Check out plasmaspider,com if you’re looking for good plasma tested DXF files. It’s something like $20/yr to be able to upload or download files but there are an awful lot of folks posting files you can download for free and they have a couple of members who run sites with good designs as well.

1 Like

I will check it out, And thank you for the info!

I sell some
What type of design you looking for ?

1 Like

Im not really sure of a type. I ordered a deer in a sawblade looking one from ebay to try. havnt got it yet and Also waiting on a lead nut because mine is binding and causing an axis to randomaly stop now. Are you the one who i seen in another post selling machine torches and consumables? im using a viper 30i and have a shopiron plasma both are s45 torches.

Try CNCcookbook’s free DXF files too -

1 Like

I just started to list some stuff for sale if you want to try it.
I’d love the feedback

2 Likes

Deer 3.dxf (804.9 KB)
Dosent want to load tool path. Give it a try someone. Let me know why It wont load.

I was able to generate a toolpath just fine, for some reason it wont extrude but when I took it into the cam setup i was able to load the tool, select the individual parts of the cut and generate the toolpath, no real problems except for constraints due to the size of the original file. 8 inches is a bit small, probably should do this one in 16 inches or larger.

@jimt

1 Like

1 Like

Shortly after I posted I noticed a tiny yellow triangle in the bottom right corner of the screen on fusion. It was a graphics error. I restarted fusion and it worked fine. I do thank you for trying it though.

2 Likes

Made the deer 3 dxf at 16 inches. 30 amps 49 in/min 75 psi thick shim. It turned out really well.

1 Like