Plasma Table Up & Running

I don’t know if it’s “worth it” since that’s kind of personal valuation. But, the handheld will swing potentially loosening the nozzle holder. I’ve not really had that problem with the RW45 but I did get a Hypertherm with the CNC torch. It stands straight so the cord won’t be pulling at it as the head travels around the table. But to really take advantage of it, you want to fasten it in two spots to really lock it down and prevent a levering action (depending on the torch, you may be able to shorten the CNC vertical tube that would make for less of a lever action on the torch).

So I guess it’s a “maybe” :slight_smile:

The other benefit is if you get both torches you can leave the machine torch on the Crossfire and use the hand torch without having to take it off the table.

Guys,
I’m a guy that like things square, vertical, & rigid. I attached a photo of my machined CNC torch mount. I machined the mount to only have a very slight clearance to the X slide carrier, also adding a bar at the top to hold the torch. The CNC torch stays vertical, my Razorweld/Langmuir set-up did not. I tend to build my stuff so that when it’s done, I can walk away, it never screws up. More money yes, but at $3000.00, an extra $300.00 seemed worth it. The best place in the country to buy plasma stuff is PlasmaDyne/KBell Engineering. They sell all their stuff on EBay. They came recommended by Mark @ Everlast.
BrianIMG_4793

4 Likes