Plasma Table Up & Running

Guys,
I thought I would take a moment, & show you my set-up. I replaced my RazorWeld 45 with a Everlast 80 Amp plasma, & added a real CNC torch. Both changes transformed my table. I kept running out of amps with the lower powered unit. I have been cutting a product line of race car frame gussets, in either .125", or .190" HR steel. Each takes about 15 seconds to make, with almost no dross.
Brian Sheridan
Sheridan Racing Design
IMG_4867

IMG_4866

1 Like

Looks awesome I love my everlast multi process welder tig/stick/plasma. I didn’t want to keep disconnecting my tig torch so I bought a hypertherm for my CNC plasma.

What do you mean you were running out of amps? I cut that thickness pretty easily with the RW45. If I run it at 45A (faster than at 35A) I have to use the 1.0mm tips due to the extra power but even at 35A and the stock .8mm tips it cuts fine - just a bit slower.

can someone help me with my problem, I can’t get mach3 to load A project to cut

What’s the problem you have?

when I load G code the project will not load in mach3, It says bad character

Send me a picture of your screen when you load the file

ok, it will take me A little bit I have to go out there and turn it on is that ok with you

Yes sir i can wait…

how do I send this pic to you

Hit reply and then click on the box with arrow up then choose file

it isn’t loading, it gets to 100% but nothing happens

Hmmm odd

if I save it with bit as the ext. you thing that will work

What ext does it have now?

When you click on send file it tells you what files can be sent.

png ……………………………………

Send me a text with picture 207-577-3139

James,
I’m cutting 0.190" steel at 56 amps, & 80 ipm, in about 12/15 second. I cut up to 3/8" steel at 80/100 amps, & still hold the 12/15 per part time. I’m not really using the plasma for hobby, but for production. So far it’s actually doing quite well. The Everlast will easily cut 3/4" plate by hand.
Brian

What about the CNC specific torch do you prefer to a handheld clamped in there? I’m eyeing an Everlast unit but just not sure how the CNC torch justifies the added cost?