Ok y’all, I need help

Ok, seriously. I thank all of you who commented on my several previous post. Your answers helped me realize 1 the plasma cutter I had was incompatible. Two. That there was an issue in the programming of my part for some reason. So that being said I went back to the drawing board and started over from scratch. Set up the cutter as the Viper 30 designed the part save all of it ran the program to do the cut path. That works fine saved it on my desktop , Imported it as a G-code into Mach3. Now here is where I run into the problem. I run the program without the plasma cutter on end it runs through the program Flawlessly from beginning to end. I figure everything is good so I turn the plasma cutter on set it’s a 30 amp got my air set and when I run the G-code it goes to the very first hole the torch fires and that’s it the program won’t run. The torch stays on sitting in one spot in the program will not run. I shut the torch power off reset the G-code And it runs fine again without the torch being on. Please help me with any suggestions you may have, this is getting very Frustrating. Can someone from Langmuir please call me ASAP.
843-816-0365

Hi, so you are now using a vipercut 30i?

How far away is the PC from the plasma cutter?

Yes sir. I am using the viper 30. I went back into fusion 360 and deleted the old plasma cutter and I had them programmed it the new one in. Like I said I can run the program without the plasma cutter. The minute I turn the plasma cutter around and try and run the program it goes to the first hole fires the torch and that’s it it sits in one spot and never moves

The PC is as far away from the plasma table as the cord y’all gave me allows it to be

How far is the PC from the Vipercut30i? How many feet?

I’d say 2 feet maybe 3

Try moving the plasma cutter as far away from the PC as your cable lengths will allow. Also attach the work clamp directly to the material. Let us know if that works.

I will try that right now. Thank you and I’ll let you know

Nope same thing. Fires and won’t move.

It’s as far as I can get away from pc

can you call me at(843) 816-0365

That’s all it does when the torch fires. It doesn’t move anywhere

When the motion freezes, does Mach3 freeze as well? Do you have to restart Mach3 before trying again?

I never looked at that. I can’t Shut the torch off with Mach 3, I literally have to go turn the power switch off on the torch to get it to shut off. I never looked to see if the program was still running I will do that now

Yes, Mach 3 Stops as well. Do you have an email I can send a video to. It won’t let me attach a video on here because it’s on the wrong platform

I have to do a computer restart and re-launch the program Mach 3 every time also

What do I have to do to refund this table. Quite frankly I went all out making sure to get everything new. I bought the Dell laptop new just to run this. Bought a new plasma cutter to run on this table. Then I find out it’s not the correct plasma cutter which OK is my fault I didn’t realize I had purchased the wrong kind. Now I just bought a second plasma cutter and I still can’t run this table. It was purchased to make my life easier so I wouldn’t have the torch and grind all my parts that I manufacture for my smokers only to make it worse because I can’t even work and I’m getting behind because I can’t run the program and wasting time on long waited response going back and forth in a forum when there should be a tech support line to call. I even tried to and get somebody to call me and I can’t even get a phone call to talk to anybody. I understand you are busy but you have to understand I just put out almost $3000 in total purchase for this machine and it doesn’t run. I’m very aggravated to say the least

1 Like

Hi, sorry for the lack of response in the last hour, I was driving.

The official technical support communication channel is via the contact page on our website. Support ticket requests get sent directly to the support team and if the issue rises to the level of requiring phone assistance, one of our technical support people will call you. Based on what I know about the issue, this would warrant a phone call.

I like to monitor the forum periodically and try to be helpful where I can, but the guaranteed way to get a response is through the customer support channel.

In regards to your issue, high frequency interference is interrupting the communication between the PC and the machine. Normally this presents itself when a customer uses a high frequency start cutter. However, you indicate that you are using a vipercut 30. There is a large number of CrossFires in the field that are paired with the Vipercut 30 and this is the first time I have ever heard of the Vipercut 30 causing an interference problem.

When we see this issue with blowback start plasma cutters, it is always caused by one of two things:

1. Defective ground connection inside of the plasma cutter.
  2. Poor mains power ground

It might be item 1 that is the issue here, but we have never seen that issue with the Vipercut 30. We are willing to replace your plasma cutter with a new one to rule that out if you’d like.

Option 2 is much more common. In order to get around that issue, most folks have success with the following:

1. Making sure all of the grounds in your garage wiring are properly connected.
  2. Installing a 8’ copper earth rod in the immediate vicinity of your plasma table and running a ground cable from the frame of the table to the ground rod.
  3. Relocating the plasma cutter as far as possible from the laptop. Usually this requires getting a longer and preferably shielded USB cable.
  4. Running the laptop on battery power when cutting

I know that this isn’t what you’d like to hear since the fix likely will not be easy. Rest assured that we will issue a full refund on your machine if that’s what you would like to do. We still believe that with some effort we can get you up and running properly and we’re sorry that it’s been such an inconvenience in your particular case but we think that once you’re running it will still make your life much easier!

2 Likes

Ok I switched to 110 power instead of 220. It cut the first two of the 3 circles out perfect then stopped . Mach 3 program stops running and says at the top of Mach 3 program not responding