Mach3 will not load gcode after final posting

HI hopefully somebody has come across the same issue i’m a welder so naturally I suck at the puter game ha ha huge learning curve for me so anyway I’ve done everything correctly according to the tutorials videos and have gone over all files location multiple times when I post a design I put it in my c drive desktop just like the videos but when I go to pull up the code in mach 3 it says there’s nothing in any file locations anywhere ive tried every location and still nothing mach3 can pull up all i’m trying to do so far is a bracket that is 37 lines and 160 of whatever the other number is so I don’t think its because of demo mode wouldn’t it still pull up in mach3 even if it was over the 500 limit please help if you guys can its been almost 3 weeks and I cant crack it also I’m running windows 10 and I downloaded the patch file

What happens if you try to open the g code file with notepad?

hey Daniel thanks for getting back to me I don’t have notepad app on this laptop currently but i’ll download it shortly and let you know also the post files are being formatted as tap files does that matter

can you post it to desk top. Then open mach and click load gcode then copy paste to the gcode folder? I have fusion on desktop in the house and a laptop in the shop to run the table I design… here post to dest top. put it on one them usb thingys. Take that out to the shop. open mach and the usb thing, then copy from usb thing to the folder that opens on mach when i click load gcode

no just tried it and it doesn’t let it transfer good idea though I had high hopes for it thanks anyway

And yes it will be a tap file that you need in mach

Dont give up. I was were your at not long ago, nothing made sense, It was all new, A few times i was ready to give up. After figuring it out with the help from here I love it so much fun and so amazing the things you can make.

1 Like

thanks Jim I appreciate that I just got it to pull up some code I’m not sure what I did but just cut out first bracket so maybe on the home stretch now