Mach 3 pendant for the LS system

I read about the mach 3 pendant earlier this week or possibly last week. I found it on Amazon for $40. Anybody know if this is just plug and play or does it take a bunch of wiring to get it running?

No sure about the pendant but I use this.

Rii FMKBTL1-IV1 i8+ BT Mini Wireless Bluetooth Backlight Touchpa…
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GCPVZDW

Mine didn’t come with the bluetooth dongle for the computer but the laptop I’m using has it and it works really well.

Is it easy to use? Looks sophisticated

Very easy. It’s like using the regular computer keyboard but on a small scale. I just rotate the monitor towards me and I can move the machine to where I need it. I actually prefer using this small keyboard and then I can keep the laptop away from the table to avoid water splashing on it. The mouse pad on it is good but not as good as a normal mouse. Once you learn keyboard shortcuts and what they do in mach 3 you can almost fully operate the machine without looking at the monitor.

1 Like

I just got mine yesterday. I’ll take a shot at working it this weekend and let you know. I like that it’s CNC & Mach 3 oriented so I won’t have to refer to a cheat sheet or remember key combos.

1 Like

@Burgs04 I like that it is wireless for sure. I think I am leaning towards this one compared to the other. The other looks like it is in the cheap side and I don’t like the fact that its not wireless.

1 Like

Mine does turn off after a set amount of time. Probably to save the battery. I just turn the keyboard off for a few seconds and then back on.

Which one did you buy @jamesdhatch

This one:
https://www.amazon.com/Pendant-Manual-remote-Control-encoder/dp/B00LTKCC0Q/ref=pd_sbs_469_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00LTKCC0Q&pd_rd_r=caca305f-05ad-11e9-a4a0-976c58c08714&pd_rd_w=HSUXv&pd_rd_wg=zeOKE&pf_rd_p=7d5d9c3c-5e01-44ac-97fd-261afd40b865&pf_rd_r=A5XJHQ9R4EMWVZ2QV48X&psc=1&refRID=A5XJHQ9R4EMWVZ2QV48X

1 Like

I got the one like James and it is plug n play for the basic XY buttons. I posted a video for YouTube that shows you how to modify the buttons OR you can just download a premade screen set from the link and add it to the Mach3 directory and then switching the screen set in Mach3. It’s nice to have a hand control that you can change feed rates, jog rates and an E-stop with the push of a button.

2 Likes

Sounds like a pain in the @ss. @Rustynuts

Then just follow this link, save either the metric or imperial screen set and drop it into the Mach3 main folder, takes about 30 seconds. Then just open Mach, and select new screen set…it’s really pretty simple.

1 Like

Friend of mine just bought a Premier Plasma table and this came with his, so I picked one up a couple weeks ago. It takes a little getting used to because it’s tiny, but it’s awesome with how I have my table setup and my laptop a good distance from the table. I can get right down at eye level with the table to zero the torch and stand where ever during cutting with my finger on the space bar in case of a disaster. For the price, if you don’t like it, give it to the wife/kids to use on a tv.

https://www.amazon.com/Rii-Wireless-Touchpad-Keyboard-Android/dp/B00B9996LA/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref=yo_pop_d_pd_title

Xbox controlller works awesome.

I haven’t heard of this. Do you have a link?

do you carry these amazon says they are out and don’t know when or if they will get more

No I dont but they are also on Ebay.

1 Like

Another option is the use of an application that I found to control mach 3 via android phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cnczucchelli.mach3control&hl=en

It works well as long as you make sure you follow the install instructions. You do have to pay for the app but for 13 bucks, kind of worth it. Also, you want to make sure you are connected to your crossfire table when using it because it will error out if you try to use it while not connected.

You have to download a server side application that goes on your PC too. So follow ALL the instructions and you shouldn’t have a problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do a search on Amazon. Multiple vendors carry it. The original link shows as “not in stock” but then I found another one on there. I expect the vendors are FBA people and it all depends on what stock they get from overseas.

Looks like there’s another dozen companies with them but the prices are stupid expensive compared to the one I got and the OP’s. You can just keep checking back to see if you get a good deal or go the ebay route.

1 Like