I have a request/opportunity! Thanks everyone

Nice. It’s great that we can use these tools to make something that we couldn’t otherwise get. Opens up a lot of possibilities.

I’ve seen some small (1kg) roasters for hobby use or small batch using commercial colander type things for the bean barrel and standard small propane burners for the heat source. If I drank coffee I might understand the attraction of small batch roasting but I’m a cold soda guy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes the opportunity is great. I will say the price is one factor but the skill and determination to design parts and understand fabrication or a nest is a whole other learning curve. Had I not had screenprinting experience (been my main work for many years) I wouldn’t have known how to design parts and do my nests. I can see that being a bit daunting for some folks. I can also see where these other plasma companies would be afraid of this price.

1 Like

I would be making a monthly payment right now for a bigger machine if the crossfire hadnt come along…yes it has limitations but its allowed me to scratch the itch i guess you could say.

2 Likes

When are you planning on putting your video together? I have a few jobs planned, but I’m waiting on material for cutting to arrive at the moment…

1 Like

I have some time. Probably 2 more weeks before I start working on it. I have a convention next week starting Wednesday and Ending Saturday, so that’s time I won’t be doing videos.

1 Like

Chad, feel free to use any pictures off my Instagram, nickkoupiaris. If there’s anything in particular you’re after, let me know, I take tons of pictures and don’t post everything.

I’ve been got TONS of messages and emails of people asking how I liked the table. Every time, I tell them it’s a $1,500 table, so don’t expect it to do what a $50-100k table will do. Meanwhile it will do things you can’t do by hand and does it repeatedly, the same, every time. It’s not a manufacturing machine, it’s a hobbyist/prototyping/one off part machine. Granted I’ve cut tons of bottle openers on it now, I don’t expect to nest 50 parts, hit go and walk away. For what it is and the entry cost, it does what tables 5 times it’s price do and my tables has made me back easily 5 times what it initially cost me, with a small footprint, which is big deal for me in my small shop.

The internet had bred both smart and stupid people and common sense isn’t so common anymore.

4 Likes

Thanks. Anything cool that you make feel free to send me. I’d love to just make a video that is undeniable with tons of projects that people have made. Parts or art. Functional or creative. All will be included.

I don’t really take very many pictures of my completed projects. I’m definitely more of a brackets and small parts kind of use guy. You are free to use any on my Youtube channel; its all Crossfire. I like walking up to my table with an idea or tool I need, and 10 minutes later be holding it… https://youtu.be/PDI8A7uYmVA

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll see what I can use. I’m still curating content, so if anyone wants to show off their projects let me know. I really love the practical parts that people are fabricating. It’s really the most compelling use of the Langmuir in my opinion. Don’t get me wrong, custom signs are cool, but making a part that may not even be commercially available is a show stopper.