Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air

I did not have the specific issues you listed, but I did quickly realize the limitations of the 30 Air for this application. I went with the HTP 875,with machine torch and got a torch mount from @Lil_Abners_Kustoms which is a phenomenal combo.

1 Like

@Gracefull I do not have THC on my machine (one of the original Crossfire machines), but I have to believe it’s possible. I’m holding out hope that Langmuir Systems will offer a stand-alone THC upgrade for he original machines at some point. If that happens, I will likely buy it and will post here about setup.

@lokan460 Thanks for the heads-up on the HTP machine. You’re not the first person to recommend HTP, so I’ll definitely have a look at that machine. The natural limitations of the PM30Air (slower cut speeds, thickness limitations) don’t really bother me since I’m not trying to run a business, but it’s been really frustrating having the machine just stop cutting part way through a program. I have a few more projects on the docket for which I’ve manually added M01 codes (optional pause) after every cut. Also finally figured out how to restart Mach3 at a specific line of code, so that should help in terms of reducing the amount of scrap I’ve been producing. We’ll see how it goes. Anyway, glad you’ve found a setup that works well!