Hypertherm Plasma Cutter

I got the Hypertherm 65 with both torches. First off while reading the manual it says you have get the plug put on the cutter from a licensed, authorized person. I can see this so they can protect themselves if somebody wires gets electrocuted. The place I got actually put the plug on that I brought him free. In the manual it also said The CNC port Dust Cover should be on the CNC port whenever it is not hooked up to the machine. I plan on using the plasma cutter on the machine and often machine. This is where the problem comes did not get a dust cover called Hypertherm about this and they told me they could not send me the dust cover I had to go through the dealer, even though the brand-new machine didn’t come with everything it should have. This was 4 to 6 weeks ago still no dust cover. Told by my dealer this is about a dollar item and still on backorder. What I’m asked in is if my cutter breaks down to I wait 6 to 8 weeks for parts for the service department that I got them cutter from to get apart to fix it. I told the dealer I want to return the machine because I would be afraid to keep it think and what this took on a dollar item will I have to wait this long for anything I need to get my cutter fixed. The dealer did say I could bring it back as it was never used. I don’t go out and buy things just to return them later. After the dealer told me I could return, and after talking to a few people I know personally that has these cutters just wondering how many others out there has to wait and wait for parts if they break down.

Keep the plasma cutter. It’s one of the best out there. It wont break down. I installed my own CNC wiring.
It’s not rocket science and there’s a how-to thread on this forum. The dust cover is a little rubber cover it isn’t that important. It looks like this (I’m not sure of the size so don’t order this exact one until you measure): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FPQLYN5/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07FPQLYN5&pd_rd_w=b3P5A&pf_rd_p=733540df-430d-45cd-9525-21bc15b0e6cc&pd_rd_wg=49D5F&pf_rd_r=ADRH2N5W6P464JMTE149&pd_rd_r=b25e95df-4e3f-11e9-918e-9331052c3a54

Your grammar leaves something to be desired.

The cover is not the point, I didn’t get it and takes this long to get something like this ,what’s going to happen if I need something to get it fixed later.

1 Like

If you have already decided what to do… Then do it! Maybe one made in China would serve your purposes better.

@hairbear It’s an uncommon part it should come with it, but it doesn’t. What this cover does is to keep foreign particals out of the plug leading to a short. Put tape over it!