Harbor Freight Plasma cutter

Let this be the area for other cheap b@stards like me who already had this cheap (and somehow decent) plasma cutter to discuss. I will post things as I learn. Doesn’t look like there will be much help from chicago electric

1 Like

Hi Austin,

One of our customers is using the harbor freight cutter on his CrossFire and has posted many of his projects on facebook. To be honest, we are pretty amazed at how well it cuts. From the pictures, the edge quality looked excellent.

My friend George used to work with HF on their plasma. He repairs them and he loves them. They are good little 220v only machines
https://www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com

im a HF user and don’t have any issues at all. Cuts great. Only thing you will learn is pierce time. Im running a 1 second pierce time because the machine has a slow delay. But other than that 1/4 plate cuts like butter.

2 Likes

Working through some software issues, but what speeds and torch height are you running for 1/4" steel? No chicago electric recommended cut speeds or heights (shocker). I was gonna start around 30IPM and go from there

I haven’t done much 1/4" but I think i ran it at like 15ipm. Torch height is the standard torch height LS gives you. 1/16"?

10-4. Once I get mine figured out and do some testing, I’ll post whatever feeds/speeds I land on and cut pics

Anyone have wiring connections for this machine? 62204

I explain how to find the trigger wires in my video

2 Likes

Anyone have any idea on kerf widths with this machine? Up till now I’ve been using .06 for the tool setting for most stuff, and haven’t paid much attention to it, but I’m thinking that may be a little wide, does anyone thing .04 would be too small?

Best way to tell is to take some measurements from previosly cut parts and adjust the kerf based on those measurements. Our razorweld with 0.8 nozzle typically has a kerf of about .050”