Haaalp... lead screw coupler set screws/thread

Installing mine today…looks like i have the wrong leadscrew or plastic coupler… it wont thread on easy:( there goes my plans to be cutting all over the holiday :frowning:

Are you pulling back on the white compression collar when installing the lead nut?

1 Like

Hey Daniel,
I was under the impression you were going to ship a new coupler per discussion in this forum. Can I expect it soon? I am not able to complete assembly without it.
Thanks,
David

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, i just checked our system and turns out i forgot to make the replacement order. My bad!! Im creating the new order now so you should receive an email shortly.

Hello, am i on the replacement list yet? Thanks

@langmuir-daniel

Hi there! After reading this thread I am pretty positive that my issue is faulty coupler and lead screws. Can I please have a new y-axis coupler that connects to the motor, and two new lead screws sent to me? I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks.

Please contact our support email with your order # and mention the set screws and we’ll get these sent out to you!

@langmuir-daniel is out on paternity leave at the moment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And he didn’t tell us? Awww…what did he have? From all of us already-dads, congratulations! :blush: :baby: :baby_bottle: (& sleepless nights :wink:)

2 Likes

Proud dad to another baby girl! Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem

Hi, is the issue that the set screws don’t thread into the set screw holes?

5 screws did 1 didn’t

All good now. I found my small set of taps & chased the threads in the coupler.

1 Like

hello mate I also had the same issue I just used jb lock tight
and its still going

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread.

My lead screws came with no holes tapped. Has there been a change? I still received the screws to thread into the lead screws, but there’s no hole to thread them into.

The lead screws should have a single hole tapped into one end for the bolt that secures it to the bearing. The other end just gets clamped by the coupler.

1 Like

Sorry I’m dumb and hadn’t looked far enough into the instructions. I was expecting tapped threads into the lead screw as opposed to the coupler set.