Haaalp... lead screw coupler set screws/thread

Hello, Having the same problems with mine . Have to keep tighten mine up

Hi Daniel, I’ve had the same problem with one of the set screws too.

I’m hoping you can send me a new coupler as pictured with set screws.

Yes sir! will head out tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for the prompt reply, and for this forum. I thought it was something I did wrong at first and considered trying to find the correct size tap to recut those threads. It is nice to know you guys admit a problem and correct it promptly.

No problem! This is a known issue that we wish was found before machines left the building. We have 100% qc checked these parts and reworked the bad ones. Unfortunately we found it a little late.

Hi Daniel
I messaged you a few days ago and haven’t heard back. Last time we talked about the couplers was before I cut any parts so I didn’t know how they would perform. After running the break in and cutting the architectural plate the couplers that connect directly to the motors aren’t staying tight on the threaded rod. Can you please send new ones?
Thanks, Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for not getting back to you. Sounds like you were able to screw in the set screws? If so i believe you simply need to apply more torque to prevent them from backing out. For some extra insurance, a bit of loctite helps.

Hi Daniel,
The new one you sent is great. The ones mentioned in the previous message are definitely bad. The screw wont bite no matter how much I torque them. Just keeps spinning.

Oh gotcha, so the threads are stripped. Ok so its the bearing side that you need again?

No, not the bearing side. The other end of the threaded rod. The end that connects to the motor so as the motor spins the rod doesn’t spin with it.

Ok, submitting the replacement order now. You should get it mid this week.

1 Like

Hello, I had trouble with both of mine cutting yesterday again will not thghten up. Can i get on the list for replacements also? Thanks John

Same issue with mine. Ran a 10-32 tap through and made it work. Also was missing 2 of the aluminum tubes that keep the frame tubing from crushing.

I got yours… I had 2 extra :wink:

1 Like

:joy: I got a couple extra nuts but that was all

@langmuir-daniel were you able to send me a set ? thank you.

@langmuir-daniel could I please get the 2 aluminum tubing spacers that fit inside the leg tubes and the proper lead screw coupler too please. I can DM you my address.

If you don’t want to wait, you can go to Lowes and get nylon spacers that will fit.

I’ll go check it out. Thanks

Hi there, sorry! We have been dropping the ball lately in terms of making sure everything that should be in the box ends up in the box. Working on improving on that front internally. In any case, we will get those spacers shipped out to you today.