Fusion 360 now 1yr

About 2 weeks ago I renewed fusion. it was hobbiest/startup now it is I beleive personal / non comercial or something simular. I opened fusion and all it now says is Autodesk Fusion 360 at the top. Only issue i had renewing was self induced. My lack of following the instructions i guess. KX9M sent me a link that really helped. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-switch-from-a-hobbyist-start-up-license-to-personal-use-license-in-Fusion-360.html

1 Like

They called me on October 31st around noon, said my one-man operation, making sub-$100k “didn’t meet their start-up requirements”. Had some bullshit requirements and also said 90% of the people he had called in the past 2 days didn’t meet the criteria either. If I decided to pay for the Legacy subscription and did it before the end of the month(that night) it was $310/year, forever. I asked what the catch was, he said “well, after midnight, it’s $500/year and will likely increase in the following years”. Utilizing the Legacy promotion, it’s $310/yr, for as long as Fusion is around. I was kind of pissed at first, then I started doing the math, that was actually really damn cheap for what the program can do.

So he transferred me to their accounting department and they get $310 from me every year. Is what it is, I’ve already learned the program, it makes me money(last part drawn/cut paid for 2 years worth) and it’s a write off.

3 Likes

Yeah they basically told me the same damn thing but charged me for $410 a yr WTF.

I have not used Fusion for some time . When i opened it, it said i must update it. i gave to my son in law , because i don’t have enough internet to do it. I just got it back , and i tried to save a file, and it said I can’t save as DXF without subscription renewal. Does this sound right? I do nothing for hire, and i did i’d be out business by now.

conFusion360 apparently has changed a lot of their options for limited free use…
you may be out of luck

1 Like

conFusion is a great name. I think if i am going to pay, i will shop for somthing easier. I make a few parts ( i have some machinery) and some signs , for my enjoyment. I don’t that expence. Thank you for your reply

Look into inkscape
A lot of guys here use it and there are lots of videos and it saves right to svg for post process into sheetcam

1 Like

You can still save your sketch as dxf file they just changed where your able to do it.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting that info. It sounds like registering as a startup might expose users to being leveraged. Did they give you a specific reason for deciding your operation didn’t meet their requirements for a start-up? Maybe it had to do with the length of time of your startup license? Sort of like how the IRS has a limit on how long a business can claim they are not profitable.
Nevertheless, thanks for sharing the experience. Because you did, I’ll stick with the hobbyist license’s limitations until I get more proficient and then move on to the start-up license. If I can become profitable, I’ll gladly pay for the subscription.