First cut on the x fire, have a question

Alright I installed a brand new tip and the result is the same. I’m going to check my slat heights again and make sure it’s even across the table. Would putting a long level across all the slats be a good way to make sure it’s even? I did notice today though that I had the metal sheet on the table upside down from yesterday and the angularity issue is now on the bottom of the hole instead of the top, so that makes me wonder if it’s not the slats or the sheet of metal bending possibly as it does over hang the x fire table. (I do have a stand holding The over hang up though)

With the material on the slat bed, can you post a few pictures showing the angle of the torch to the material?

Uploading… Uploading…

I typically prefer to hold onto the larger diameter of the torch cap that is adjacent to the diameter youre currently clamping to.

Can you check the squareness of the torch carriage to the slat bed using a square/protractor? See this thread for more info: Torch square to table adjustments

1 Like

I tried again with the torch mounted like you stated, issue still exist. But taking a square to the torch definitely shows it not level, so that’s probably the issue.

Is the angularity consistent with the angles youre seeing in your parts?

In that thread i offered an explanation on how to correct the angle. Try that out and see if the edge angularity improves.

I will give that a try tomorrow, thanks for the help Daniel!

1 Like

Squared it up, tried a piece of 1/8” aluminum and still same results.

And here are the pieces cut out

Can you send a picture of the nozzle that produced those cuts?

Just installed a brand new tip again, no change. Also here is my torch mount to slat bed level.

Could be an optical allusion but it looks like the tip is canted to the right from the torch the way i have this photo positioned.

It might be in the pic, but isn’t that piece suppose to turn when clamped into the torch holder? I tightened it down pretty snug but I would think without it being able to spin some when the machine is running, that it would tweak the torch hose some

Checked the torch again and it looks fine, even went and made sure all the screws on the torch were tight. Even adjusted all the casters where they are all threaded all the way in, no change in cut.

Try reducing the amperage to about 32 and halving your current speed I’d swap in a new nozzle if you have one available.

50ipm and 32 amps here

Was this with a new nozzle?

This is with a new tip and new electrode.