Everlast 50S cut chart

I’m new to all of this… plasma’s, and cnc tables. I have been sending my cuts out to a larger shop. I just purchased a 50s but am now thinking I should have went with a 60s.

I saw a poster here cut 1/2" steel, is 1/2" aluminum doable? How about 1/2" stainless. I know slowing the machine down will help, but where is the cutoff at?

Everlast list the maximum Pierce at 3/8", how are you managing the Pierce in 1/2"?

1/2" would be the largest I work with, and typically the cuts would be small, say 20" long, and only occasionally at that. I will definitely be doing more 1/4" and under.

What do you guys think? Should I keep the 50s or go to the 60s?

I just want you guys to know that you are doing the lords work here lol. Seriously this post has helped me alot.

Thank you so much! This looks to be like a great starting point for me. You are really helping some of us out whith this data!

I didn’t have 220 at first with my everlast 50s, it would blow breakers after a while, 30amp breakers! Since I ran the 220, night and day on the cut quality! And not a single breaker tripped…

What kinda pierce delays are yall using for different thicknesses?

Anyone have any experience cutting 3/8” ar500? Seems like settings are about the same as cutting plain old mild steel. But would like to see if anyone can confirm this

Tell you what fellas, glad this chart got started. So I have an Everlast 205-SI which is an ad/dc tig, stick, and 50 amp plasma cutter in one. I’ve been running my table for a year now and felt I’ve had things pretty dialed, but never have time to truly play around as I’m usually prototyping usable parts on the fly. I’ve been using the other feeds and speeds chart as starting points but found my results to be different then what the posters said they got.

I just did a small job with 1/4” cold rolled. The rectangular parts were done with my old “recipie”. Never thought my machine did thicker metals particularly well, so I came back on here to snoop and found this list. Night and day difference. Apparently the everlasts like to go fast through thick stuff.

The arched parts are straight off the table. A few quick small taps with the slag hammer, knocked the mill scale off where the welds go, and that was it as far as prep work. No taper on the edges, NOTHING. Thank you fellas!

3 Likes

Nice welds there too!!

1 Like

Awesome, what where your speeds and feeds? I just did a bunch of 1/4 using the 50s. Settings where 45 amps and 47 ipm, Any faster and it wouldn’t cut. It was dross city on all the parts. If i turn the 50s up to 50 then the duty cycle drops significantly and usually results in the unit overheating and me having to rewind the g code to where it stopped.

I’ve been getting lots of messages about my settings for those cuts. I used the speed and feed chart that’s posted in here. Other then that. 70psi of shop air, and a .06 nozzle.

If you’re not getting those results, your air compressor is likely too small, and/or air is not dry. Most don’t understand how critical clean dry air is when plasma cutting. That’s the other biggest change I made for cut quality. Went from a 20 gallon compressor to a 60 gallon 2 stage with an air drier.

2 Likes

@busa_rob could you clarify the .06 nozzle? Isn’t the smallest they come is .8mm for the IPT60?

You’re right. I just checked, it’s .9mm. I buy my consumables from harbor freight.

Perfect, thank s for the help!

You should really get ahold of @gamblegarage. Harbor Freight is way more expensive! Oh, actually he has a website… cncplasmastore.com

I have bought consumables from him and great price, and they work really well… I’ve gotten up to 900+ pierces on one set… Can’t beat it…

2 Likes

I also have purchased consumables from gamblegarage , a couple times. Great guy great price and high quality .

With the new pro table and THC, has anyone post the pierce height, plunge rate and cut height for the 50S yet?

1 Like

I have a 50s and I could not cut 1/4" at anything over 20-22ipm. At 45 amps and 40ipm even with 2.5sec pierce delay it would make the hole and then just gouge the metal, not cut it through. The only cut I was bale to get that was not horribly beveled was at 45amps and 15ipm. I was using 75psi, 1.1 tip.

Up until today ive been just running the recommended settings… but cutting 3/8 plate was a bit of a struggle today… I added those column to the chart.

Cut quality wise when the nozzle wasn’t clogged the settings in this chart worked ok for 3/8

you have something seriously wrong if you can not cut 1/4" with the 50s…possible you have the wrong consumables on it?

Hey there anyone got the Google sheets cut chart as it says it’s been deleted :see_no_evil:, like a fool I didn’t download it