Everlast 50S cut chart

I haven’t. But I imagine that low amperage and high feedrate would be key.

What thickness?

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. 3/16” steel

Ok im gonna buy just the table an plan on getting the everlast 50s cause its 110 an 220 capable i only have 110 in the shop will that be ok an if so what size compressor do i need an only have 110 power source im only cutting 1/8 mat signs an fire pits is all i plan on doing please help

For years I used a 110V campbell hausfeld 2 stage compressor with a 26 gallon tank. That was used to run my 60A Hypertherm. Worked great! Compressor runs most of the time its cutting, but hard to complain for how cheap I bought it for used.

Thanks yea thats was my biggest concern was the power source an the compressor i think im honna go cor the kobart 26gal for the money thanks for the info

50s specs say 5 cfm, at 75 psi, 25 gallon tank, minimums. On 120v it will only output 25 amps so keep that in mind.

See thats where yall lose me lol. 25 amps i just need to know will thats plasma an what tank lol cause im no electrician just a simple production welder that wanna cut signs an fire pits with a 120 outlet

1 Like

I have a 60gal husky I paid 500 for it is wired to 220 but it can be run on 110… works great for the plasma and all the air tools u could need

Did u buy seperate tips or is it from original purchase. I have the ones that came with the machine but support couldn’t tell me which ones they were or the kerf width.

Kerf width is a variable that is determined by your settings. Ipm, amperage, standoff, etc.

Most likely the hole in the tip is going to be 1.1 mm for the tips that comes with a 50 amp machine.

I have the 60s, if the stock tip size is the 1.1 what should I set my kerf width in the tool portion of fusion?

You need to do test cuts to find that out. Set your kerf to something like .05. Cut a circle and a square to a know dimension. Measure your pieces. If your piece is bigger then your know dimension then lower your kerf width. If your piece is smaller then your know dimension then increase your kerf width.

Great suggestion, should I use the inner or outer cut in fusion layout? Any good suggestion for the lead in on the EV

my kerf is 1.1mm and my parts are fairly close (havnt put calipers on them)… lead in depends on the part your cutting, longer lead ins i find make it better but on small cut outs you cant use long lead ins.

1 Like

Found the 1.1 on the tips, didn’t realize they were stamped. Didn’t have my glasses so it could have said i win a free big Mac and I wouldn’t have known. Just picked up some 16,14 and 12 steel that I’m looking forward to running samples on. Oddly enough thru Everlast forums some are using low amps slow speeds. But majority have went high amps fast cut. Have u r cuts been consist on the chart setup on this post?

I cut alot of 1/8" steel and aluminum and mine are currently dead on…

1 Like

1/4" Steel, 40IPM, Small Shim, 45AMPS, 2sec Pierce 1.1mm tip

I think there is some room for improvement there especially making sure my torch is straight up and down… have some sideways action going on.

1 Like

Nice. I tried some 1/4” as well. My settings were pretty close to your. 45 amps, 35ipm 2 sec pierce. I just cut a 4” x 4” square and noticed on the first straight cut it had a bit of a bevel but the other 3 were perfect. So I’m thinking maybe increasing that pierce delay some may help. Did you have any issue like that?

it you look at the tabs you can see they are not square… i have a bunch more 1/4" to cut coming up for another fabricator (without tight tolerances) so I am going to mess with it some, seems like a longer pierce wont hurt anything so ill bump it up to 3 and send it.

1 Like

Awesome man! Keep us updated