Crossfire Owners Map

There’s another topic about folks looking for where other Crossfire owners are located. Someone mentioned it’d be nice if we had a map view that we could see.

I’ve created a Google Map. It’s private - you can only access it if you have the link but you should be able to add yourself to the map. I’ve added myself to the map to start.

Here’s the link: Crossfire Owners Map - Google My Maps

Right now it’s zoomed in on my pin, but as people add themselves it should open to show a view that shows all the pins.

The way to add yourself is to click on the map pin - circled in yellow:

Move your cursor to where you want to drop your location - probably don’t want to use your house :slight_smile: - town center is likely good and click the mouse button. A marker will drop and you’ll see this pop-up:

Change the default point name using your name - your forum one will help people recognize who they’re seeing on the map. The second field is a good place to put the make & model of your plasma cutter so we can see not only who is near us but also what machine our neighbors might have.

It’s a voluntary thing and not everyone is comfortable posting info like this so no one should think that it’s a definitive map of Crossfire owners. Only forum members should have this link so please don’t share the link outside this group.

7 Likes

Do you need to create a google account to do this? I ask because Im not seeing what you have posted here.

Added my name and location :smiley:

I honestly don’t know. I see you added yourself - did you have to create a Google account?

I’ll do some checking to see though.

Yes sir I made an account and then it worked fine.

And thank you for taking the time to set up the interactive map. My thoughts behind it was if several used it people would see others close to them. Maybe a few life long friendships will be made . Help with learning. Help drinking a beer or 2. Who knows.

Definitely. Some folks here have or have used CNC plasma machines but I’d bet most have not. Having a nearby resource who is either going through the same stuff you are or has gone through it already can be super helpful in learning how-to but also things like local sources of supplies, local market conditions for your work, etc.

It should make it easier than having people shout out “is anyone near…” to try to find someone close to them.

1 Like

James, you may have to make that NE corner bigger. Looking like its getting crowded up there. The rest of us, well we still have a lot of breathing room.

Isn’t that always the case? I bet TX or Alaska are bigger than all of New England :grinning:

Cool! Thanks for setting it up, James!

Done, thank you for setting this up.

What’s the point of this?

As the original post noted, it’s for people to log where they are so people can see if there is someone nearby who also has a Crossfire and might be able to help with the machine, design issues, local material sourcing, etc.

It’s meant to be more efficient than the “Does anyone live near Phoenix with a Crossfire?..” Posts.

It’s purely voluntary and you can disregard it if you don’t find it useful.

Some folks here have or have used CNC plasma machines but I’d bet most have not. Having a nearby resource who is either going through the same stuff you are or has gone through it already can be super helpful in learning how-to but also things like local sources of supplies, local market conditions for your work, etc.

It should make it easier than having people shout out “is anyone near…” to try to find someone close to them. Strickly optional of course.

Opps sorry beat me to it

Doesn’t hurt to have more voices :slight_smile:

28 names on it and 223 views. I wonder how many tables have been sold or even delivered at this point.

Bet most people aren’t on the forum. They were shipping 100+/week when they’ve mentioned stats so I’m hazarding a guess we’re the minority who participate here.

Its been a while since i tallied it up but its over 1800 machines delivered which equates to about 90 machines per week on average.

1 Like

Awsome glad its going well on both ends.