Can't select open profile lines in CAM

I downloaded a dxf file of a hot rod. I can select the profile and all of the closed internal profiles (windshield, side glass, grill cutout, etc) but can’t select any of the open profile lines representing the outlines of body panels and door gaps that are depicted buy single lines. I’m sure there is a way to do this but I just can’t see it. HELP !

Are you trying to select them along with the others? You will probably have to do each open line by its self in it’s own operation, I don’t know if it likes putting individual not attached lines in one operation.

It will do that. My house sign is about 1/3 open pathways. But they should be real lines & not super skinny rectangles. You get those sometimes if you trace an object in a design program - it draws a line on either side of the line you’re tracing. Zoom way way in to see if there are really 2 lines very close together that it can’t path with your lead-in settings

Thanks guys. After closer inspection, it looks like what I thought were lines and curves are made up of a bunch of short segments. I am going to assume that they need to be uninterrupted lines. I am new to Fusion 360. Is there a way to convert the segments to a solid line?

I’m sure it’s somewhere here, I’ve been reading like a wild Animal! Just can’t find it or figure out what to do! I always was short fused, this makes me want to &*&#$@! But any way, Help please.
I downloaded a DXF file of a hot rod. I got it downsized…went thru and created the cut path. Something like 78 or so. ( not there now) zoomed in, fixed the direction of the arrows. Looked good. When I did the simulation, it missed a couple slots for the wheels & several other lines? Redid it three more time#, same but different lines!? Finally thought I had it & it only cut part! I read where u guys are selecting tool paths a couple times, how?
I’m trying to stay sane here! I drew a few simple things & cut them out great! Just having trouble with imports. Thanks for any help.

I am having same trouble . I will watch so I know how to fix

I just learned how to do several tool paths under one setup. First u do set up. Then tool path. Highlight your lines. Usually inside first. Then click tool path again, and start over. Doing your outside lines. Then use control button and highlight both tool paths. Then post them at the same time. Worked for me

3 Likes