Best tip for cutting 26 gauge galvanized?

What is the best tip to use for making fine cuts in 26 gauge galvanized metal? I will be making numerous small cuts. One 6” and one 3/4” round hole per piece of metal but will be doing it over and over in a 1000 pieces. Think this machine can handle this?

When cuttin 22-24g by hand I had to go low air low amps and cut real fast or I would lose spark. Was burning or blowing to much metal away to keep a arc goin. Thas my personal experience. Missred your post. Sorry!

Those aren’t too small a part - a standard 1.0 or 0.8mm tip with the appropriate kerf adjustment would work. I’ve done a fair amount of 26ga galv with the .8mm top. High speed & low (20-25A) power.

You could use a 0.6mm tip but unless you’re tightly nested I’m not sure you’d see a difference.

The 1,000 pieces does mean you’ll want to have plenty of spare tips & nozzles on hand as you’ll be doing a lot of cutting.

Thanks!! this was a tremendous help!

Mr. Hatch

I have a small piece (it’s a small rain hood similar to a dryer vent) that I need to layout and get as many pieces cut out of the largest size sheet of metal possible. If I sent you the layout, would you be interested in creating the layout,… in a file that I could import into my system and run… for a fee of course. If this is something you would be interested in looking at and give me a price, I can email the details.

Thx
bp