AVORTEC xc50, anyone heard of it?

Anyone heard of them, are the blow back starting or HF? A guy local to me has one for sale and if it’s safe to use it on my table, I’ll consider buying it. Just can’t find much info on them online aside from the manufacturers website, and it’s not too informative when it comes to starting, consumables etc… unless I’m missing it

Just can’t find much info on them

I wouldn’t. but that’s just my .02

I haven’t talked to him further, but if it would work and it was priced right, like really right, I may. Again depending on how little he asks for it

It doesn’t say what it is on their website, their description is pretty vague so I would be it may be HF start

That’s what I thought, then I saw on their site that they offer a “machine torch for cnc”

Just got off the phone with the owner of AVORTEC, he told me it was a high frequency machine…

But did say they are also offering an 80 amp machine, that has a couple different torch offerings with a cnc connection in the back, I think it comes with an ipt-80 torch. I think he said it costs in the $1600 range out the door.

I would look at a hypertherm 45xp before i would drop 1600 on that.What gage material are you looking at cutting?Zero issues with mine so far…seen so many people on here trouble shooting these off brand plasma cutters.I understand people want to get in the game cheap but i want to cut not tinker.

I agree, I had my heart set on an Everlast 60s machine prior to seeing this and still do. Just shopping around at this point.

Lot of guys seem happy with their Everlast cutters and welders though

RW has an 80amp coming out shortly. Regardless amperage is just a number. Its total power output. Like you find these 50amp plasma on amazon for $200 but it can’t cut 3/8 because it has high amperage and low voltage. This is why a hypertherm powermax 30amp can cut thicker than those 50amps. they use higher voltage. Dont buy based off just the amperage

2 Likes

I’m not too keen on razorweld at the moment, had a razor cut 45 and it died on me, sent it off to George for repair and it needed a new board. And just read on another thread here that another guy is having the same issue, as well as a few others.

Going to try my hand at an Everlast

I’ve owned and used (hard) a Hypertherm 45 for about 8-10 years now. Never had a minutes problem with it. Plan to use it on my table when it comes.

I just got a line on a year old hypertherm powermax 65, on the low low for a hypertherm. However I’m scared to death to pull the trigger on the machine as it’s used with no warranty.

What attracts me to the Everlast powerplasma 60s is on paper it’s not far behind as far as cut thickness, and it has a 5 year warranty

I had gotten a razorweld cut 45 used and hardly got any use out of it. And I don’t want the same to happen with a machine 2-3x’s the costs of the razorweld

Guy sold it, I was talking to him then he stopped responding, then a week or so later he responds, says he sold it… :imp: