3/8” Plate and 14ga Projects

I finally had some time to use my table and run two production jobs today. The first project was for boxing ring post bases cut from 3/8” plate steel and the second was a hanging sign cut out of 14ga scrap metal. I designed the hanging sign for a customer and it will get a either a rust or Japanese bronze hot patina. I’m loving this little table!

!

!

4 Likes

Nice job. Good edges and the sign is really nicely done with just the right amount of support on the smaller parts of the design.

1 Like

Very nice, I agree on the supports.
Doesnt clutter up the piece. Good job!

1 Like

What plasma are you using? The edge came out almost perfect.

I cut some 1/4” the other day with Brand new consumables and couldn’t pull that off.

1 Like

Thanks! The sign face is first piece I’ve cut like this so there is still a bit of a learning curve. It’s for a local restaraunt and the plan is to cut another one to use as a clock face.

I’m using a Hypertherm Powermax 45XP with a machine torch and shielded consumables. Both pieces were cut at 45amp at the feed rates recommended by HT (they provide a feedrate chart for this plasma cutter).

Nice work. Love seeing people making heavy duty parts! I’m doing a compilation video of what people have been able to accomplish with their Langmuir CNC. I’d like to send people to your Etsy Instagram FB or website as well if you have any of these.